If you need mental health help urgently, here are some options for you:
Vancouver Island Crisis Line
- This is a 24-Hour Crisis Line
- There is a crisis chat nightly from 6 – 10
- Crisis Text 6 – 10 Nightly
- Reasons to call: bullying, issues with drinking or drugs, break-ups, thoughts of suicide, trouble at home, or worries
Crisis Society of Central Vancouver Island
- 24-Hour Crisis & Information Lines
- Reasons to call: death/loss, break-ups, conflicts, etc
- What to expect: a non-judgmental, confidential, empathetic support for handling any troubling situation
- NANAIMO – 250.754.4447
- DISTRICT 69 – 250.248.3111
- COWICHAN – 250.748.1133
- 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433) 1.800.784.2433
- 2000 Island Hwy North, #203
- Open until 6.15 pm
- You may be able to access other resources and services (e.g., therapeutic groups, addictions counselling) by attending the Walk-In Clinic
Looking for information on how to help others?
- Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is the help provided to a person developing a mental health problem or in a mental health crisis. The first aid is given until appropriate professional treatment is received or until the crisis is resolved. VIMHS provides a MHFA course to give you the skills to help another person who is having difficulties with their mental health.
- For more information about MHFA and/or to register for an upcoming course, please email
Taryn O’Flanagan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250.882.7658.
- The Mid-Island Branch of the CMHA provides mental health education, housing/homelessness outreach programs, and employment support.
- Social Centre @ Wesley – The Social Centre @ Wesley is open to anyone with mental health and/or addiction challenges, who is looking for a place to socialize, make new friends, get support, connect with their community and take part in social and recreational activities.